Ender-5 Pro is an upgraded version of Ender-5. The machine parameters are almost the same. The only difference is that some major parts have been updated. For example, the mainboard, extender frame, and filament tube.
1. Ender-5 Pro has the new V1.15 silent mainboard with TMC2208 drivers. It’s much quieter and accurate when printing. This mainboard with Marlin 1.1.8 and Bootloader also has thermal runway protection enabled and provides extra protection in case the printer reaches unpredictably high temperatures. However, Ender-5 is the industrial circuit board and build-in motherboard.
2. Ender-5 Pro has a highly durable metal extruder frame. This feature can provide much stronger pressure, while the filament is pushed through the 3D printer's nozzle. It also can improve the printing performance of the printer. This upgraded metal extruder kit is equipped with an adjustable bolt so that you can adjust the pressure of the extruder gear to select the most suitable filaments. while Ender-5 has only a normal extruder frame.
3. Ender-5 Pro also includes new and improved filament tubing. The Capricorn Bowden PTFE Tubing has a 1.9mm ± 0.05mm inner diameter, reducing any excess wiggle room and preventing the filament from buckling inside of the tube. The addition of this high-end tubing makes the printer better suited to print with flexible filaments and other exotic materials. Ultimately, if you want enhanced safety, more silent printing performance, as well as additional flexibility when it comes to filament selection, it’s worth shelling out the extra cash for the enhanced Ender-5 Pro. If you want to print with flexible filament, the Ender-5 Pro is also likely the right choice for you.
Ender-5 Plus has made many upgrades and improved some functions on the basis of Ender-5. There are some differences between the two printers.
1.Platform：Ender 5 has the C-Magnetic sticker while the Ender-5 Plus with the tempered glass plates.
2.Size: Ender-5 Plus (350*350*400mm) has a bigger size than Ender 5(220*220*300mm).
3.BL touch: Ender-5 Plus with BL touch can auto bed level pre-installed. You just plug them in and start printing. Although Ender-5 does not have a BL touch, it can buy a BL touch and install it by yourself. Ender-5 also has a large leveling nut for easier control, and it is ergonomically designed, and the leveling speed is fast, helps you get rid of the problem of time-consuming and labor-intensive.
4.Upgrade Y-axis: for Ender-5, the dual Y-axis motion control system drives the high-quality stable output of the two-sided timing belt, effectively avoiding the shock caused by printing. However, Ender-5 Plus has some promotions for the dual Y-axis. Ender-5 plus’ s dual Y-axis is synchro and equipped with a 42-48 motor. Strong power support and smoother transmission, more flexible and reliable.
5.Dual Z-axis: Ender-5 Plus has the dual Z-axis. It's lead screw drives smoothly and steady. The movement of the build plate will be more stable than Ender-5.
6.Touch screen: Ender-5 Plus has the touch screen, it is convenient to operate. But Ender-5 is LCD.
Ender-5 Plus is the upgraded version of Ender-5 Pro. Ender-5 Plus has made many promotions based on Ender-5 and Ender -5 Pro. There are some differences between Ender-5 Pro and Ender-5 Plus.
1. Size: Ender-5 Plus(350*350*400mm) has a much larger size than Ender-5 Pro(220*220*250mm). The box design with overhead gantry and ultra-large printing format will meet more of your printing requirements. It can achieve better print results and a large print model at a time.
2. BL touch: Ender-5 Plus with BL touch can auto bed level pre-installed. You just plug them in and start printing. It can precisely measure the tilt of the bed surface, offer the automatic compensation for the Z-axis for unevenness of the platform plate, easily solve the printing failure caused by the unevenness of the platform and provide reliable operation with all build surfaces. However, Ender-5 Pro is not.
3. Touch screen: Ender-5 Plus has a 4.3-inch touch screen. It’s easy to operate. But the Ender-5 Pro does not have the touch screen.
4. Updated Y-axis motor: Ender-5 Plus upgraded Y-axis motor. dual Y-axis is synchro and equipped with a 42-48 motor. Strong power support and smoother transmission, flexible and reliable.
5. Dual Z-axis: Ender-5 Plus has the dual Z-axis. It's lead screw drives smoothly and steady. The movement of the build plate will be more stable.
6. Filament end sensor: the function is to let you know whenever your filament breaks, runs out or gets tangled on the spool when you're not around the printer. The Ender-5 Plus has this feature, and the Ender-5 Pro does not.